Thursday, February 25, 2010

conversation

do you know what you remind me of?
(no.)
winter.
(and?)
being cold.
(uh-huh. and i suppose that's your way of telling me-)
i like being cold.
(nobody likes being cold.)
sure they do. lots of fun things happen in the cold.
(like?)
rosy cheeks. snowball fights.
(runny noses. frostbite.)
you can see your breath.
(black ice.)
sure, but that's expected. it's just a by-product of the cold.
(by-product into the fucking ditch.)
you can expect it. you can prepare for it. you can throw a bag of sand in the trunk.
(you need to prepare for me?)
yeah, of course. not the same way, but metaphorically, yes-
(you know what you remind me of?)
-but you are something that i can prepare for. i like that. if i said you were like black ice in the summertime- what do i remind you of?
(my high school physics teacher.)
oh.
(he had a pony tail. and wore a lot of flannel. and played nirvana before class.)
i remind you of a mid-90's pac-northwest thirty-something-
(i wanted to blow him under his desk.)
jesus christ.
(i told susie kemper. at a sleepover. that i had a dream about sleeping with him. she rolled her eyes. the next day in class, someone had carved "SLUT" into my lab bench with a pocket knife.)
jesus.
(high school was never the same after that.)

a moment

hey.
(hey.)
you know what i like?
(easy girls?)
shoveling snow.
(blow jobs?)
trees without leaves.
(knee-high socks?)
chopping firewood.
(me wearing flannel pajamas.)
yes.
(and thermal underwear?)
promise?
(just one thing, ok? keep me warm.)
you're gonna love the winter.

No comments: