Thursday, April 9, 2009

thoughts on today, 4-09-2009




















i want to go back in time
and send people i like
old fashioned postcards
with 3-cent stamps.

"new york is lovely in the spring. the buildings here are like cities standing up and stretching out their limbs. and the subway... no one back home would believe it. Much love..."

imagine the charming confusion that would ensue.

my little sister (25 but forever 8) has decided that this will be the summer that she falls in love with baseball. if you are from california, you can't imagine the happiness of opening day- it means that the snow has melted (or is melting) and you can smell the earth again. it means another summer of staying up past your bedtime and listening to games on the radio under your pillow (yes, i used to do that). i can still see the games in my mind, and the elation of my team winning and the end of the world of my team losing. if anyone ever wants to go see a baseball game, just let me know. i will take you. it will be amazing.

oh, and that little guy in the picture... that's gonna be my next (first) tattoo.

2 comments:

momma sue said...

Yes, baseball....I remember skipping school on opening day and going to the Brewers games. I'm sure my parents knew, but they still let me do it. Back then we only had to come up with $3.00 for a seat!

momma sue said...

Oh, yeah...let me know when you're ready for the tattoo....I'll take you! :)