Tuesday, October 14, 2008

lovely

I think it has been about a week since I blogged last. It feels like this quarter is in reverse, and all of my work has to be done at the beginning as opposed to the end. But I have loved every minute of it.

I only wanted to comment on the color of the sky today. It is blue. Which should come as no surprise. But it is different in San Diego. It isn't just "blue" or "kinda blue with some clouds". There are absolutely no clouds, and it stretches out above you like some great upside down Caribbean Sea. I almost expect to see upside-down flying fish and upside down pirate ships go sailing by.

Today in a word: lovely.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sheesh. You just have to rub it in every chance you get that San Diego is beautiful all the stinkin' time.

Well, we have cheese here in WI.

Top that.

momma sue said...

Hope it is still blue in a week! Can't wait to see you! Kayaking on 10/31 :)