Thursday, October 2, 2008

sweet disaster (some old poems)

you should / drop your unhappiness / like stones / upon the earth

consciousness / pounds / us all

with her hair up / she gave me a look / traveled from my fingertips / through my bones / up my spine / to the back of my brain / chooses to rest / on my lips

the old news of it all / a diner / a full moon / it could have rained / and that would have made it different / the wreck of the ella fitzgerald

chet baker / fell out of a window in amsterdam / at the same time / that i fell / in love / but not really / it was only the sound of something like love / a harmon mute / some old song

you know i like you / when i write you poems

at least / it is tomorrow morning / and not last night

unrequited / requited / unrequited

1 comment:

Laura said...

did I mention you're the best? love it