Friday, September 19, 2008

a little tired this morning...

...thanks to Sir Lancelot. His mom is not home this weekend, which apparently makes him even more neurotic than usual. He is one of those cats who meows constantly, but doesn't really want attention. He only shuts up if you talk to him, or if you have nice long hair for him to play with. I was in no mood to chat with him all night, and my hair is apparently not up to his usual standards. I tried putting him in my roommates room with the door closed. A few minutes later, I heard this "thump. thump! THUMP!". My best guess is that he was literally throwing himself at the door, probably head first. So I resigned myself to my fate, took two shots of jack, and put on the Golden Compass audiobook. I dozed off once or twice, and missed some of my favorite parts, but i woke up just before the end, so that was pretty great. Nothing like the fate of Roger hanging in the balance at 6:45 am. I'm going to have to try to solve the cat problem tonight...

3 comments:

Barb said...

A have a few suggestions as to how said "cat problem" can be solved. . .

Laura said...

Remember my solution the other night to your other problem? It's still the same solution :) You and the cat really can live together in peace and harmony... lol

Rose Hips said...

I find that feeding kitties shots of jack usually helps them "sleep" a little better too...:)