Thursday, August 14, 2008

coffee + internet = blog post

I have nothing to write about.

Well, other than confessing that before I go and see Shakespeare, I do need to read the plays and reference them in Issac Asimov's nifty guide to Shakespeare (check it out here). Otherwise I am liable to totally space out... I mean, come on. I was raised on Thundercats and Clifford the Big Red Dog. Wasn't one of those kids who read Hamlet when I was twelve.

My superhero t-shirt collection is growing. I have specific criteria: the shirts need to feel old (soft, worn) and they need to feature old-school portrayals of genuine heroes. In short, they need to look like I've had them since the 8th grade. And a few of them I actually have.

I bought coffee three times today. Mostly so I could use the internet. I mean, it is free, but I feel like a codger if I go there and sit down and start checking my facebook without buying something. Plus, it gives me a chance to say hi to the pretty barista. Thats all I say, because I am shy. But maybe, someday, I'll write her a poem and hide it in the coffee beans.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think you should leave the note in the coffee beans, you never know who is going to find the poem meant for the cute barista.... I miss you dearly, I wish you were here, my life would go by so much faster :)

Rob Novak said...

life doesn't go by fast or slow... every moment is exactly the same. this is according to people "in the know".